The Sidney Sun-Telegraph - Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

Firefighters respond to kitchen fire

 

Ryan Hermens

The Sidney Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Friday evening that began in the kitchen of a Sidney residence.

A fire that began in the kitchen of a home in north Sidney caused extensive damage on Friday evening.

Sidney Volunteer Fire Department Chief Keith Stone said the fire was ignited on the stove and quickly flashed up.

Crews responded to the residence at about 5:30 p.m. While they were on scene for about 1 1/2 hours, Stone said the fire was brought under control within 15 minutes.

No injuries were reported.

According to Stone, there was quite a bit of damage from the fire to the kitchen and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.




 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 06/23/2018 06:14