The Sidney Sun-Telegraph - Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

Gurley alumni donate appliances


The Gurley High School was established in 1923, with the first class of three girls receiving their diplomas of achievement in 1927. Graduation ceremonies had been held each year since that time. In 1971, the two neighboring schools of Gurley and Dalton found it necessary to merge. The new school system would represent the two communities as Leyton High School and be represented as the Warriors.

A Gurley Alumni Association had been formed earlier to provide an opportunity for those graduates to assemble in memory of their school days, to renew old acquaintances and make new friends.


For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017