The Sidney Sun-Telegraph - Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

Western 'inconvenience'

Smoke from AC unit causes scare at local store

 

Ryan Hermens

Sidney Volunteer firefighters responded to a report of smoke inside Western Convenience early Tuesday morning.

The Sidney Volunteer Fire Department was called to a report of smoke at the Western Convenience Store in the 400 block of Illinois Street in Sidney at 7:40 a.m. on Tuesday.

Fire chief Keith Stone said crews were at the location for approximately an hour.

"It was called in as smoke in the building," he said. "When we got there, we found it was coming out of the vents in the ceiling. It turned out to be a bearing that burned up in their air conditioning and heating unit."

The fire department sent its ladder truck, regular pumper and rescue unit. Both eastbound and westbound traffic on Illinoi...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 09/24/2018 11:19