The Sidney Sun-Telegraph - Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

St. Paul's Lutheran Church celebrates 100 years

 

Courtney Fletcher

St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Sidney is celebrating 100 years of service.

According to Pastor Brad Heinecke, the church was founded in 1915 when Lutherans from Missouri moved in to the region northwest of Sidney and north of Potter, Neb. A formal organization of the Potter and Sidney locals was effected on July 11, 1915, at which time the name St. Paul's was chosen and a constitution was adopted and signed.

"Trinity South Divide, that is about nine miles south of here was kind of the mother congregation, but a number of Lutherans were in the area and the church developed from that," Heinec...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 11/11/2018 13:09