The Sidney Sun-Telegraph - Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

Fire destroys Sidney home

 

Ryan Hermens

The Sidney Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire in Sidney on Thursday afternoon. According to officials, the residence is no longer inhabitable. A fire crew was on the scene for two hours.

A structure fire on Thursday afternoon caused extensive damage to a single-dwelling trailer in Sidney.

The Sidney Volunteer Fire Department responded to the residence in the 2300 block of Jackson Street at 2 p.m.

"When we arrived, smoke was coming out of the trailer," Larry Chaon, assistant fire chief, said. "After we entered, we found a fire in the back end of it, in the bedroom."

An investigation conducted by the Nebraska State Fire Marshall's Office determined the flames were caused by an electrical fire.

The fire totaled the trailer, and the resident – who was not home at the time –...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018