Foreign investors required to report investment in agricultural land, FSA director says


Brad Fraass, Cheyenne County executive director for the Farm Service Agency, reminded foreign investors who buy, sell or hold a direct or indirect interest in agricultural lands in the United States that they are required under the Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act to report their holdings and transactions to the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.

The Secretary of Agriculture has delegated the responsibility for collecting this information to the Farm Service Agency.

According to Fraass, foreign investors buying or selling land must report such transaction within 90 days of the dat...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018