Local family loses home to fire


Amanda Tafolla-Sutton / Sun-Telegraph

The front room of the Vowers family home was completely overtaken with flames, the fire that started on Monday night took three fire departments working into the morning to completely contain.

A local family is facing both blessings and hardships this holiday season, as they put the pieces back together following a devastating fire to their home.

Tammy Vowers said she was home asleep when the fire that consumed their home started Monday night.

"I really don't know what happened. I was asleep, my son was studying for finals. If he wasn't there, I wouldn't have woken up," Vowers said.

According to Vowers, the fire started in the attic, "the fact that it was in the attic, so the smoke was coming down, I didn't smell anything."

Vowers' daughter was also asleep inside when the fire...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 01/18/2019 19:58