SRMC to Expand TestNE
November 4, 2020 | View PDF
Sidney Regional Medical Center (SRMC) in a partnership with TestNebraska has increased the availability of the program from two days to three. TestNE is a State of Nebraska program that provides free COVID-19 testing to eligible residents. To determine eligibility, residents of Nebraska must take the online assessment through the TestNebraska portal. If eligible, participant will receive a free test from the TestNE program available at the SRMC Walk-in Clinic.
“We are seeing a surge in the utilization of this program and felt it is crucial to increase the availability. Testing is a critical step for the prevention of spreading COVID” noted Jason Petik, Chief Executive Officer at SRMC. “With results from the TestNE program being generated at a faster pace, more concerned Nebraskans are choosing to test.”
If you believe you have COVID or have come in contact with someone that may have COVID, take the following steps:
1. Go to the TestNebraska site and complete the online assessment, https://www.testnebraska.com/en
2. If instructed to be tested, select the Sidney Regional Medical Center site and print confirmation email and proceed to the SRMC Walk-in Clinic (610 Glover Road, Sidney NE) at the selected time. Testing is now available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 7-9:30 a.m.
3. Follow the posted signage to access the SRMC Walk-in Clinic parking and remember to not block entryways into the lot for Walk-in patients or patrons of the other businesses in the shopping complex.
4. Once at the Walk-in Clinic, please stay in your vehicle and follow posted signage. The SRMC Walk-in Clinic staff will provide testing to the participant from the vehicle.
5. After testing is completed, is it advised to self-quarantine (if feeling sick or show symptoms) until the results are confirmed as either positive or negative.
6. Test results are sent to either your email or phone number within 36-72 hours. Confirmations are not shared with SRMC, the local health department, etc.
7. For questions relating to the TestNebraska program call 402-207-9377.