The Sidney Sun-Telegraph - Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

Grand Prairie Cemetery gets a face lift

 

For The Sun-Telegraph

A new sign has been erected at the Grand Prairie Cemetery, located about two miles south of Sidney. Volunteers taking care of the location decided age and weather made replacing the sign a necessity.

The present Grand Prairie Cemetery was associated with the Dunkard Church. The first burial was July 31, 1888 of Mrs. W. C. Teeter. The Dunkard Church moved to Sidney in 1890 and ceased to exist in October 1918.

Almost all volunteers that care for the Grand Prairie Cemetery have some family connection.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018