The Sidney Sun-Telegraph - Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

Quick work

 

For The Sun-Telegraph

A village of Potter garbage truck caught fire on Monday morning and burned for around two hours, according to village officials. Hot ash was apparently deposited in a dumpster ahead of trash pickup on Monday morning. When the garbage truck collected the trash from this dumpster, the truck caught fire, said Melissa Waggoner of the village of Potter. At this time the village does not have any official information on the extent of the damage to the truck. On behalf of the village of Potter, Waggoner extended a thank-you to the Potter Volunteer Fire Department for its quick response to the blaze. Although the village knows that the fire was caused by some sort of hot ash in the dumpster, officials are unsure of the exact origin of the ash.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018