The Sidney Sun-Telegraph - Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

Garage fire puts scare into local family

 

Dawn Graves

A garage at 604 16th Ave. was completely destroyed by fire Tuesday. Stacey McKnight, owner of the property, said the fire was very close to reaching her house just a few feet away where she and her family slept.

A garage located at 604 16th Ave. was destroyed by fire on Tuesday.

Stacey McKnight, owner of the property, said she was startled awake at 4 a.m. by the sound of her neighbor pounding on her front door.

"I don't even know my neighbor's name yet," she said, "but he was yelling, 'You gotta get out of bed! Your garage is on fire!' "

McKnight said her immediate thoughts went to her 11-year-old son, who often sleeps in the garage. She panicked when she couldn't find him, but he was sleeping in McKnight's bedroom that night.

When McKnight went to look at the garage and could see the orange glow...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 10/02/2018 15:06