Eight More COVID Cases Confirmed
September 2, 2020
The Panhandle Public Health District and Unified Command reported Aug. 27 eight new positive COVID-19 cases.
All close contacts will be quarantined and actively monitored for symptoms by public health officials.
The new cases include one child under 19 years of age in Dawes County by close contact. Seven adults were also tested positive: one in Box Butte County of unknown origin, one in Dawes County of Community Spread, two in Dawes County by close contact, one in Dawes County by unknown origin, one in Scotts Bluff by close contact and one in Scotts Bluff by community spread.
Unified Command also confirmed 13 more in the Panhandle have recovered: three in Box Butte, one in Cheyenne County, five in Dawes County and four in Scotts Bluff County.
As of Aug. 27, PPHD recorded 614 active cases since March, 100 active, 508 recoveries and six deaths related to the coronavirus.
From March 2 to August 27, 11,042 people have been tested with total cumulative hospitalizations at 63 for a 5.5 percent positivity rate, an increase of .2 percent from the Aug. 4 report.
COVID testing is available by following free testing at Testnebraska.com or 402-207-9377:
• Box Butte General Hospital in Alliance: Monday-Friday, 9-10am
* Ambulance Bay on the east side of the emergency department, watch for the green arrows
* Other testing opportunities for symptomatic patients may be available through the hospital as ordered by your Primary Care Practitioner, call the Hospital at 747-2466 with questions.
• Regional West Health Services in Scottsbluff: Monday-Friday, Noon-4pm
• Sidney Regional Medical Center: Tuesdays & Thursday, 7-9am
• Community Action Health Center in Gering: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 7-8 a.m. Testing is free, sign up at https://tinyurl.com/yydxr5mc
• Morrill County Community Hospital in Bridgeport: Daily
* Call 308-262-1616 for testing, same day results.
Contact your local hospital or clinic for information on testing access.