Serving proudly since 1873 as the beautiful Nebraska Panhandle's first newspaper

2021: Ag Risk Coverage or Price Loss Coverage for Corn Base Acres?

The deadline to enroll in Farm Programs is quickly approaching on March 15, 2021. Producers have the option to change enrollment between Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) or Price Loss Coverage (PLC). But the question is, “which one should I choose?”

Whatever your choice, you need to contact your local FSA office to schedule an appointment for enrollment.

To answer the ARC vs. PLC question, first look at each farm’s “base acres.” Base acres refer to a farm’s historical plantings enrolled in farm programs and have a program commodity assigned to each base acre. A farm’s number of base acres cann...


Reader Comments(0)